Think Progress. Think Tomorrow. Think GRADD.
Owensboro Transit SystemAs part of its MPO duties, GRADD provides technical, planning, and managerial assitance to the Owensboro Transit System (OTS). GRADD staff assists OTS with everything from grant writing and reporting to creating and updating the OTS System Map. GRADD is more hands-on with its fixed-route bus system than any other MPO or ADD in Kentucky. Here is a sample of the things we do for OTS, either through MPO funding or direct contract funding.
Click here to view the OTS System Map.
Click here to view the back side of the map in English, and click to view it in Spanish.
Click here to view a History & Background of OTS.
Click here to view the 2012 DBE Program
Click here to view the 2013 DBE Program
The following is a list of the duties GRADD performs for OTS:
1. Assistance in applying for and securing operating and capital assistance monies through FTA 5307
grant application preparation; organizing public hearings, assist with triennial reviews;
2. Submit necessary quarterly reports for FTA 5307 grant;
4. Create Civil Rights Title VI report every three years and ensure OTS compliance; hold public hearings
and issue legal notices, if necessary;
5. Create annual Disadvantaged Business Enterprise goal and submit to the FTA to ensure OTS
compliance; submit semi-annual DBE reports; hold public hearings and issue legal notices,
if necessary; assist local firms in becoming DBE certified;
6. Assist in development of new system routes;
7. Create official OTS English and Spanish maps and ensure that they are current;
8. Review and revise OTS ADA plan and ensure they are compliant; assist with the planning and delivery
of paratransit services;
9. Assist with applying for supplemental funding such as JARC and New Freedom grants;
10. Maintain Green River Area Coordinated Public Transit Plan and arrange appropriate meetings;
11. Assist in public outreach efforts; and
12. Attend conferences and trainings as necessary to successfully carry out the above duties.
For more information on OTS and GRADD, contact Jennifer Alvey.