The Green River Workforce Development Board (WDB) is responsible for setting policy with regard to the workforce development system in the seven county region of the Green River Local Workforce Area. The Green River WDB will work in partnership with the local elected officials of Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, McLean, Ohio, Union, and Webster Counties to improve the employment and training system in the region, thus improving the quality of the workforce. Meetings are held quarterly in February, May, August and December on the first Wednesday of the month.
Role & Responsibilities of the Workforce Development Board:
- In partnership with the Chief Elected Official, develop a comprehensive local plan.
- Conduct workforce research and regional labor market analysis.
- Develop effective linkages with employers to support utilization of the workforce system.
- Designation and/or certification of One-Stop Operators.
- Lead efforts, with representatives of secondary and post secondary education programs, to develop and implement career pathways.
- Identify, promote, and disseminate proven and promising strategies and initiatives to meet the needs of employers and workers with disabilities.