This program is designed to provide education, training, support groups, and coordinate respite for those caring for older adults or for grandparents raising their grandchildren.
If you need help in any of your caregiver responsibilities, we may be able to assist you. Specifically, we will:
- Provide assistance to caregivers in locating and arranging services
- Program Coordinator will be available to provide individual counseling
- Provide a variety of individualized training and services
- Coordinate with current support groups or assist in the development of new support services
- Coordinate with existing or new respite services to caregivers for relief from care-giving responsibilities
- Explore additional services as identified by caregiver needs
Family Caregiver Support Groups
GRADD Office, 300 GRADD Way, Owensboro, KY
meets 1st Thursday of each month from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
(To register before coming the first time, please call (800) 928-9094.)
Support Groups for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
O.M.S. South/ 5-6 Center, 2631 South Griffith Avenue, Owensboro, KY
meets last Thursday of each month from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
(For more information, please call Amanda Hirtz at 270-686-1159.)
This information is made possible by state and/or federal funding provided by the Department for Aging and Independent Living.