As part of its MPO duties, GRADD provides technical, planning, and managerial assistance to the Owensboro Transit System (OTS). GRADD staff assists OTS with everything from grant writing and reporting to creating and updating the OTS System Map. GRADD is more hands-on with its fixed-route bus system than any other MPO or ADD in Kentucky. Here is a sample of the things we do for OTS, either through MPO funding or direct contract funding.
The following is a list of the duties GRADD performs for OTS:
- Assistance in applying for and securing operating and capital assistance monies through FTA 5307 grant application preparation; organizing public hearings, assist with triennial reviews;
- Submit necessary quarterly reports for FTA 5307 grant;
- Serve as a liaison between City of Owensboro, Federal Transit Administration and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
- Create Civil Rights Title VI report every three years and ensure OTS compliance; hold public hearings and issue legal notices, if necessary;
- Create annual Disadvantaged Business Enterprise goal and submit to the FTA to ensure OTS compliance; submit semi-annual DBE reports; hold public hearings and issue legal notices, if necessary; assist local firms in becoming DBE certified;
- Assist in development of new system routes;
- Create official OTS English and Spanish maps and ensure that they are current;
- Review and revise OTS ADA plan and ensure they are compliant; assist with the planning and delivery of paratransit services;
- Assist with applying for supplemental funding such as JARC and New Freedom grants;
- Maintain Green River Area Coordinated Public Transit Plan and arrange appropriate meetings;
- Assist in public outreach efforts; and
- Attend conferences and trainings as necessary to successfully carry out the above duties.